Our products enable enterprises to unleash the potential of their business, making a shift toward an “intelligent enterprise”, hence, we strive to offer them a cutting edge software and knowledge management technologies. This transition requires a new level of collaboration between knowledge workers, new management practices and organization.
Intelligent enterprises have some common traits, that distinguish them from the crowd:
• Engage customers, employees and partners with higher-purpose causes;
• Live in a world of continuous innovations;
• Approach challenges in dynamic and agile attitude;
• Operate usually on global or multi-site scale;
• Deal in complex domains with high rates of change;
• Aim to deliver product and/or services with high return on investment;
• Rely on team cooperation, knowledge exchange and growth;
• Trust their employees and distribute decisionmaking.
To enable this transformation our ompany has established a new approach to development and deployment of management information systems (“MIS”). It is focused on defining a unified semantic model of interconnected business entities and concepts. Thus, the complexity and dynamics of the business organization and its environment, are adequately modelled and better supported by the IT infrastructure.
MIS applications solve various business problems that represent different viewpoints of the unified semantic model. Their behavior is determined by executable models of processes, rules and structures, rather than built-in functions in the sources code. The Open-world assumption ensures agility and constant upgrade of information and knowledge, represented in context for better decision making.
The Platform is a unique combination between semantic technologies, modelling tools and methods, and leading open-source servers and components. It is designed with a service-oriented architecture (SOA) for cloud-ready enterprise performance. The Platform establishes a solid functional foundation for enterprise data integration, content creation and organization, collaboration, knowledge management, processes, and business administration. Applications solve various business problems and comprise of specific models, corporate knowledge and customizations on top of a rich functional foundation.
Currently the platform incorporates the following functional modules:
• Content and Document management and registration, storage and preservation
• Management of structured and unstructured company data and documents
• Document libraries and repositories
• Management and comparison between data graphs and other visual objects
• Records Management (file and archive) management
• Document capture and recognition, components indexing
• Media Storage
• Preservation space and strategies
• Content creation
• Document templates
• Internal wiki spaces
• Intelligent documents – iDocs (Intelligent documents)
• Workflow and business process management
• Organizational structure
• Management dashborads and action flows
• Project Management and team collaboration
• Workflow and tasks management
• Aggregated e-mail/correspondence
• “Kanban” boards
• In-context collaboration
• Event management
• Semantic functionalities
• Automatic recognition of domain objects from text or graph
• Dynamic files of business objects
• Domain models of business objects and concepts
• Tools for import of structured data towards the semantic model
• Historical consistency of records
• Ontological integration of data from different sources
• Ontological classification and nomenclatures
• Search and reporting
• Pre-defined and user defined search and filters
• Faceted navigation
• Role-based user access
• Tools for ontological modelling and integration of heterogeneous data within federation of systems
• Mechanisms for automatic recognition of business objects and events from text documents
• Specification of models for strategic and operational management
• Audit logs of user and system actions
The Platform Architecture at a glance
We strive to keep a sharpen focus on the new web technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3, allowing usage of the recent browsers versions like IE10, Firefox and Chrome.
Java is mostly used as a server side programming language, providing high performance level and reach technologies potential (products and code libraries).
JBoss Application server is the place that runs the business modules of the application. It’s an open source solution supporting Java Enterprise Edition stack.
WSO2 products are used as SOA middleware layer. WSO2 provides SOA-oriented products supporting scalability and multitenancy out of the box.
For data storage we support most of the popular relational databases like MySql, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL server and others.
Alfresco Community edition is used as a service for managing documents and document content. It is used for document storage and searching for documents and inside the document content aka Full Text Search.
• Support the complexity and dynamics of the interconnected business at a new level
• Greatly improve decision making by providing relevant information in context and by accumulation, and reuse of corporate knowledge
• Ensure gradual evolution of MIS together with the changing business environment
• Able to quickly develop new applications that add value to the existing software architecture
• Complement and add value to legacy applications and data
• Higher ROI in long term
• Total cost of ownership for applications and multiple data integration is significantly lower
• Enable organizational change though a new level of integration, collaboration and knowledge
Applications based on the Platform
There are numerous applications for the Platform within the modern organization:
• Document and content management with business objects relations, organizations and transactions
• Contract Lifecycle Management
• Quality Management – including international quality management standards (i.e. ISO)
• Compliance management
• Case Management
• Knowledge and Competence Management
•Web and Media Content Management
• Management of content libraries and wikis
• Project and Team Collaboration Management
• Product Lifecycle Management
Why choose the Platform ?
The outstanding difference of the platform is the ability to quickly develop and grow various suites of powerful “Software-as-a-Service” (“SaaS”) products for different industry verticals, incorporating specific domain knowledge, based on a common platform. Therefore, the product demonstrates high potential for disruptive market entry.
Although Sirma ES creates and delivers advanced technologies that were only available to Fortune 1000 companies to date, the new Sirma Enterprise Platform (SEP) unleashes the opportunity to reach much larger market of middle-tier companies worldwide, offering them a superior technology at a reasonable price.